Surf's up: Enhypen enjoys the ride with 'Orange Blood'
简介Enhypen returns with a riveting new sound with its fifth EP "Orange Blood."The members on Thursday h ...
Enhypen returns with a riveting new sound with its fifth EP "Orange Blood."
The members on Thursday held a press conference in Seoul, a day ahead of the album's release.
Member Jungwon said the album deviates from the team's iconic intoxicating music and exudes a "subtle sexiness."
Representing Enhypen's new sound on "Orange Blood" is "Sweet Venom," a groovy and chill punk-pop melody through which the members vow their eternal love.
According to Sunoo, it is an extension of the title song "Bite Me" from the previous album "Dark Blood."
"The melody is really addictive. When I first heard it I thought 'now this is a title song.' You can sing along to it the instant you hear it, and I think it's gonna make a hit," Sunoo said.
Jay has been credited as a lyricist for the song, his first time taking part in writing lyrics for the team.
"I've tried writing lyrics before, but then, I just wrote what I felt. This time, I focused on writing lines for the team. I looked through the lyrics of our past songs as well," Jay explained.
The album rolls out three versions of "Sweet Venom," the Korean version, an English version and a collaborative edition with American singer Bella Poarch.
"This is our first English song. We didn't simply translate but wrote new lyrics and melodies for the song," Jake said.
The album includes four other songs, "Mortal," "Still Monster," "Far Away" and "Orange Flower (You Complete Me)," which the members said all overflowed with different charms.
Not only the title song, but the whole album continues the story from "Dark Blood," the members said. The so-called "blood" series interweaves elements of Enhypen's original web-comic series "Dark Moon: The Blood Altar."
The keyword of "Orange Blood" is "carpe diem," as the narrator, the boy, reunites with his lover, "you," and pledges to stay with her no matter what, even overcoming the pains of the lethal poison spreading through the body. The boy realizes that nothing in the world lasts forever, and what he can do is giving the best shot at love.
Lotte Group's year-end reshuffle announced on Wednesday signals a focus on new growth opportuni ...
김기현 국민의힘 대표가 19일 서울 여의도 국회에서 열린 최고위원회의에서 발언을 하고 있다. 뉴스1서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패 뒤 2기 체제를 꾸린 국민의힘 김기현 대표가 “지역 ...
Red Velvet returns with a third studio album on Nov. 13, label SM Entertainment announced Wednesday. ...
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- Samsung Electronics forecasts Q3 rebound
- Art Busan's unveils galleries, theme for inaugural fair, Define Seoul
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- Mnet’s ‘Street Dance Girls Fighter 2’ targets global audience with multinational teen dancers
- [Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
- Korea, UK will unite for Indo
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
- Meritz carries out reshuffle for group synergy
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- Child kills man with stone, sparking debate over legal immunity of children
- S. Korea hints at halt to 2018 inter
- [Herald Interview] Food trade chief confident of winning official recognition of Kimchi Day in US
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Prosecutors seek 30
- Rising political stars, big names likely to run for 2024 general election
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- Cemeteries, columbariums reinvent themselves as sanctuaries for the living